As an employee of Feedster, Inc. It's important, while reading anything that I happen to blog,
that my entries here are solely my own opinion. Nothing that I say here even remotely reflects
anything about my employer. I am an individual, I have a job just as most everyone has a job. You
are reading the depraved ramblings of the individual not the employee. If you
read something that I say here and then go ranting about how Feedster feels regarding a subject
you will only be showing off your own narrow-minded-ignorance. Thanks for understanding.


Thursday, February 03, 2005

You know a server has bit the big one when....

[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):~]
# cd /etc/init.d/
[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# ls
[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# ls -lah
total 0
[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# killall syslog-ng
-bash: killall: command not found
[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# ps wuaxxx | grep sys
root 3775 0.0 0.0 1852 952 ? S Jan31 0:09 /usr/sbin/syslog-ng
root 21559 0.0 0.0 1480 500 pts/9 S 17:23 0:00 grep sys

[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# kill -9 3775
[root@(hostname removed for privacy purposes):/etc/init.d]
# ps wuaxxx | grep sys
root 21571 0.0 0.0 1476 464 pts/9 S 17:23 0:00 grep sys

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home